Asparagus is one of our most cherished vegetables once it comes into season here in SW Wisconsin. After many months of minimal fresh produce we are always beyond thrilled to celebrate the emerging spring ephemerals, greens & veggies. We eat as much asparagus as we can over those six or so weeks before it disappears until the following year! Trust us, you'll want to wait until the spring to enjoy this one. Once you've eaten freshly picked asparagus, you'll forever pass on out of season asparagus; it's truly a whole different experience & well worth the year-long wait!
Servings: 8-10 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 pack of Driftless Provisions maple cured bacon
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- Avocado oil (or preferred oil that can sustain high heats) for brushing
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Snap or cut off any woody stems on the asparagus. Lightly brush the spears with oil. Sprinkle with a bit of salt & pepper (to taste).
- Evenly wrap bacon around asparagus, starting from bottom to the top.
- Place on grill for ~10-12 minutes, turning a couple times to evenly cook. Asparagus should be tender but avoid overcooking to prevent mushy asparagus.